This RN position is for a Lactation Consultant at MedStar Harbor Hospital.
What's in it for me?
- Generous benefit plans which start the 1st of the month following start date
- Free parking for associates at all 4 Baltimore hospitals
- System-wide RN referral bonus program - up to $6000 per RN
- Relocation assistance up to $3500 if you live 50 miles away from your location
- Career growth opportunities galore as we are part of a 10-bed hospital system with 300 outpatient locations
- It's how we treat people: organization is truly committed to employee and nurse wellness as well as diversity and inclusion.
- High Reliability Organization (HRO) culture: https://www.centerfortransforminghealthcare.org/high-reliability-in-health-care/
Women and Infants' Center
We offer extraordinary obstetrics care in our Women and Infants' Center. From refurbished birthing rooms to give mothers the comfort of home, certified breastfeeding counselors, a Level II Neonatal Care Unit with 24-hour pediatrician coverage, fetal assessment, and monitoring programs to genetic testing and counseling and DNA sampling, we've got you covered. We are Certified Baby Friendly.
Coordinates the efforts of the health care team in a specialized area. Initiates plan of care, changing as reassessment of patient need dictates. Ensures that patient, family, and staff are educated. Provides clinical expertise to patients and staff.
About MedStar Health
- Education/Training: Bachelor's degree in nursing required.
- Experience: 2 years related RN experience; 1-year experience working with breastfeeding mothers preferred.
- License/Certification/Registration: Current license as a Registered Nurse in the state or jurisdiction of the facility seeking employment, or Multi-state Compact state or license eligible. CPR certification required by completion of introductory period. IBCLC (International Board of Certified Lactation Consultants) certification preferred.
- Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: Basic math skills. Verbal and written communication skills. Basic computer skills required.
MedStar Health is dedicated to providing the highest quality care for people in Maryland and the Washington, D.C., region, while advancing the practice of medicine through education, innovation and research. Our 30,000 associates and 5,400 affiliated physicians work in a variety of settings across our health system, including 10 hospitals and more than 300 community-based locations, the largest visiting nurse association in the region, and highly respected institutes dedicated to research and innovation. As the medical education and clinical partner of Georgetown University for more than 20 years, MedStar is dedicated not only to teaching the next generation of doctors, but also to the continuing education and professional development of our whole team. MedStar Health offers diverse opportunities for career advancement and personal fulfillment.
Web Reference : AJF/382391643-7
Posted Date : Sat, 01 Oct 2022
Please note, to apply for this position you will complete an application form on another website provided by or on behalf of MEDSTAR HEALTH. Any external website and application process is not under the control or responsibility of Careers 4 Executives